How to make Mehndi with coconut shells?
If you like to apply Mehndi in your hands, but you cannot afford to buy Mehndi in the market, then you can easily make Mehndi with coconut shells at home. You will not have to buy anything from the market. Nowadays, the henna you purchase from a store will come with chemicals and preservatives, which can cause side effects by applying it in hands and feet. You can make this Mehndi free of cost at home.
Easy 12 steps to make Mehndi with coconut shells
To make Mehndi at home, we need 3 ingredients which are:-
- Coconut Shells
- Clay/ Soil
- Sindoor(Vermilion), or Kumkum.
Step 1. Small Pieces Of Coconut Shells
- First, we need to break the coconut shells into small pieces.
Step 2. Use Small Clay Pot
- After that take a small clay pot and put a steel glass in that small pot, make sure that sell glass should only 1 inch smaller than clay pot, then fill those small pieces of coconut shells in the remaining space between the clay pot and the steel glass.
Step 3. Use A Steel Boiler.
- Cover this small pot with a steel bowl.
Step 4. Use a Mixture of Clay or Soil.
- Mix Soil or clay with water mix it well so that at the end you get a thick clay paste.
Step 5. Cover The Steel Bowl And Small Pot With Clay paste.
- Cover the space between the clay pot and boiler with the clay paste make sure should be no empty space left between those gaps.
Step 6. Use Gas Stove or Burner
- After that put this small pot in the gas stove.
Step 7. Use Water
- Fill cold or normal water in the boiler, keep the stove in a medium flame for 15 to 20 minutes.
Step 8. Take out the steel glass.
- Take out the steel glass make sure not to burn hands and when you look inside it in the glass, you will get a small amount of liquid.
Step 9. Use Kumkum or Sindoor(Vermilion)
- Now when this liquid cools down, mix one teaspoon Kumkum or Sindoor with the help of a spoon. Kumkum or Sindoor(Vermilion) will help bring color to the henna.
Now your home-made Mehndi prepared from coconut shells is ready.
Step 10. Apply Coconut Shells Mehndi To Your Hands
- Now with the help of a matchstick or finger, you can apply to create different types of designs on your hands and feet. When it is dry, wash your hands with normal water and wipe your hands with a towel or handkerchief.
- The color of mehndi will soon shine in your hands
Yippee ready to Rocks with your homemade Mehendi Design. 😊